Sunday 26 June 2011

FallDown HTML5 Canvas

FallDown is probably one of the most successful free iPhone games of all time, and I quite like playing it even though I am really, really bad at most iPhone games. Just for the fun of it I decided to see if I could code my own version of the game in HTML5 Canvas because all the other versions on the web are flashed based, so I thought it would be nice for there to be a Canvas version.

You can play the game at programmingthomas.tk. I have tested it to work in the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome and I can't think why it wouldn't work in any other major browsers that support Canvas - maybe excluding IE9, but I'm not going to go there. The game itself was really easy to code, though my high-score is only 106 (the scoring works on the number of bars you get through)!

No comments:

Post a Comment